Probably one of the fastest veggie dishes you can make with a handful of ingredients.
This asian inspired quick stir-fry is great served as a side, or a vegan main dish. Top with some slivered almonds, flakey salt, or red chilli flakes or my Chinese chilli oil to turn up the heat.
It’s a blink and you missed it kinda recipe. Wash and trim your green beens, keep all the ingredients ready to go next to your stove. Get your wok nice and hot, and off you go!
Roast the sesame seeds in the dry pan first to bring out the flavour. Set aside. Then in the same dry pan, add the green beans. Dry fry to get them blistered and starting to almost burn. You do need to stir them often to avoid burning. This is what will get you that nice restaurant style- smokey flavour. As soon as you see the brown spots developing, add the oil and garlic. Another few minutes and add the coconut aminos or soy sauce. I find that I do not need salt with this dish, but feel free to add some if you need the extra flavour.
For the final touch add some kick with chilli flakes and finish off with the toasted sesame seeds.
One of my favourite healthy weeknight meals – served with some pan fried salmon topped with some keto teriyaki sauce. Give it a go and let me know how you like it!
Quick Garlicky Green Bean Stir-fry
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 lbs green beans (I like to wash and trim the tops and tails off the green beans)
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (or other high heat cooking oil)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- chilli flakes (optional)
- In a large non-stick pan or wok, add the sesame seeds and dry roast for a few minutes on medium until starting to get fragrant and change colour slightly. Remove and set aside.
- In the same dry pan, add the green beans. Stir-fry in the dry pan for 3-4 minutes on medium high heat until starting to blister slightly and brown on the outside.
- Add 3 tbsp avocado oil and 1 tsp minced garlic. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes till garlic starts to get fragrant and the beans are well coated in the oil. Add 4 tbsp coconut aminos and stir fry to coat. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes more.
- Sprinkle the 1 tbsp sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and a pinch of chilli flakes (if using) on top, stir to combine and serve immediately.
- Crispy Seviyyan Bites (Veg)
- Quick Garlicky Green Beans Stir-fry (veg, keto, paleo, whole30)
- The Best Garlicky Mashed Potatoes (Veg, GF, DF, Paleo)