A really quick and easy way to brighten the flavour and spice in any meal.
This is the flavour enhancer you didn’t know you needed. Almost always served alongside my easy daal recipe, this quick and easy three ingredient cumin chilli oil adds a little kick of flavour and spice to your meals.
Try this cumin chilli oil sprinkled over your next bowl of daal and rice. Or try it over grilled meat, pizza, or even on a salad to add a little flavour kick.
Don’t like it too spicy? Just sprinkle a few drops of this cumin chilli oil over top. Want to turn it up? Scoop up a few of the chilli slices too. How spicy do you like it?
Cumin Chilli Oil
A quick 3 ingredient chilli oil that adds a great kick to any of your meals. Try it with daal and rice.
Servings: 4 tbsp
- 1/4 cup oil (canola or avocado oil recommended)
- 8-10 green chillies, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add the sliced green chillies.
- Cook the green chillies till they start to blister, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add the 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds and 1 tsp salt.
- Cook one more minute till the cumin seeds start to sputter and become fragrant.
- Immediately remove from heat and pour into a heat proof container.
- Serve warm or at room temperature as a side for any dish you want to add a little spice to.
This keeps well in the fridge for a few days. Use it in your cooking, or sprinkle over top of anything you want to add a little flavour kick. Try it with daal and rice, on grilled meats, or even sprinkled on pizza.