Inspired by the greek fast food meals I love at Jimmy the Greek or Mr. Greek, I decided to make myself a whole greek meal complete with chicken souvlaki, tzatziki sauce and these lemony roasted potatoes.
To be honest, these potatoes turned out way better than I expected!
I was not planning on putting this meal up on the blog. But when I tasted the potatoes, I knew this was something I would be making over and over again. It was too good not to share, so I had to make it a permanent feature on here. 🙂
Not a Crispy Roast Potato – but a super flavourful creamy potato
I will say that these are not a crispy roast potato. If you are looking for something crunchy try this one. These are more on the soft, creamy on the inside, with just a hint of crispness on the outside, especially if you leave the skin on the potatoes. Think the softness of a mashed potato but in wedge form.
These are more about the flavour of the potato than the texture. The lemon and garlic cook down infusing the potatoes as it roasts in the oven. Turning into this creamy tangy garlicky goodness. You really feel the flavour in every bite!
It is also a good set it and forget it recipe. Just dump it all in the oven and walk away for 30 minutes. The last few minutes of cooking you do need to keep an eye on it so it gets to your desired level of golden brown without burning, but again the oven does all the work.
Greek Lemony Garlic Roast Potatoes
- 2 lbs potatoes, cut into chunky wedges (about 5 medium)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano (feel free to swap out for whatever dried herbs you have on hand)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- fresh parsely or chives to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and grease a large baking pan with high edges.
- Add the potato wedges to the baking pan and spread out in an even layer.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together. Stir well and pour over the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven and use tongs to carefully flip the potatoes over and spoon any remaining cooking liquid over the potatoes. Place it back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Keeping an eye on them so they don't burn.
- Once the potatoes are starting to turn golden brown on top, remove them from the oven. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve warm with some of the cooking juices and crispy bits at the bottom of the pan drizzled on top! Don't forget the tzatziki for dipping!
- Begharay Bengain – Eggplant Curry (Veg, Keto)
- Lemony Springy Pasta Salad (Veg, Gluten Free)
- Paneer Makhani (Butter Paneer) – Veg, Keto
One thought on “Greek Lemony Garlic Roast Potatoes (Whole30, Paleo, Veg)”