When you need dough and you don’t have all day to wait for the yeast to do its thing!
Want to make pizza but forgot to start the yeast in the morning, no time to run to the store to grab ready made pizza dough? No worries! Use this 10-minute dough recipe instead! Use it to make pizza, naan, bread sticks, manakeesh, pide, or these zaatar cheese bites! This is a great basic dough recipe and is super quick so no need to plan ahead when using it!
You just need 10 minutes and a few ingredients to have a basic dough ready to use! The secret is using active dried yeast (always check to make sure it is not expired!) and starting off with warm water or milk and a bit of sugar to really get it going. The resulting dough is very soft and fluffy and bakes up perfectly.
Make it your own! How would you top this 10-minute dough?
Quick 10-Minute Dough Recipe
- 5 cups all purpose flour – divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast – check expiry date! Make sure it is still active
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- warm milk or water or a mix as needed (approx. 1.5 – 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup oil
- In a large bowl mix together 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 Tbsp active dried yeast, 1 tsp baking powder and 1 Tbsp sugar.
- Slowly add in the warm milk or water and mix until you get a thick pancake batter consistency. (It should take about 1.5 – 2 cups of liquid). Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. You should start to see some bubbles forming in the top of the dough.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of flour and 1/2 cup oil. Using a mixer with dough hook, or by hand, knead for about 5 minutes until the dough comes together and becomes a smooth ball.
- If you have the time, you can allow to rest again for about 15 minutes before using, otherwise the dough is ready to use! Turn it in to pizza, manakeesh or stuffed pockets. Also freezes well for later!