I hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy out there! I don’t know about you guys, but it is really a struggle to get used to this new life of not going out to visit friends, family, or even just go out to eat. Not to mention the news overload from this past week. Every day this week has been such a whirlwind from the COVID-19 Pandemic declaration, to the new social distancing rules, closing borders, shutting down businesses, learning to work from home with both of us cooped up in a tiny condo with one desk.
Im still trying to process and just make sense of it all. And I don’t think this is going to stop anytime soon. How are you handling it?
My coping mechanism is cooking. I love to just be alone with my thoughts in the kitchen. I could cook all day (I just need someone else come wash the dishes please!)
So Im going to keep going, cooking my little heart out and sharing whatever I can with you and continuing to connect with you. This is my therapy. We may be socially distanced, but we can still be connected.
With this new era of work from home, it has been so dangerous being home all day long with the kitchen two feet away! So I’m trying to focus on keeping things healthy as much as possible. Especially healthy snacks.
Like these paleo cookie dough bites. They are the perfect little snack between conference calls. Or they work great as a pre-workout snack. They are full of good fats, gluten free and can be made sugar free too. I also add hemp seeds to up the protein content, so they can hold me over till dinner time.
Also give my easy date and nut energy balls a go.
Paleo Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (leave out for sugar free or whole30)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts* (highly recommend a mix of macadamia nuts, hazelnuts and/or almonds)
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except hemp seeds, till smooth.
- With clean hands, roll into ping pong ball sized balls.
- Spread the hemp seeds out in a shallow plate, and roll the bites into the hemp seeds to coat all over.
- You are ready to snack, or freeze them for firmer, almost ice-cream like bites.