These are a lifesaver on days when I come home from work starving. Its just enough of a sweet crunchy hit that I can survive until dinner is ready without biting J’s head off.
They are also my new fav way to break my fast during Ramadan. This and the Rose Water Refresher are my new Ramadan staples!
I’m all about saving hangry lives over here.
Easy Date & Nut Energy Balls
- 10-12 mejdool dates, deseeded* (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup large flake oats (instant oats works too)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (for rolling)
- 2 scoops protein powder (optional – I like using collagen powder)
- In a blender or food processor, blend together all of the ingredients, except the shredded coconut. You may need to add a tablespoon or so of water to help things get along.
- Once the mixture is blended (no need to completely blend the nuts, it tastes better when they have a bit of crunch), wet your hands and carefully scoop out the mixture and roll into ping pong sized balls.
- Roll the balls in the shredded coconut and refrigerate till ready to eat.