This is a stupid easy one that can be made ahead and keeps really well in the fridge for a few days.
The original recipe called for sugar in it. But I made it more paleo and Whole30 compliant by leaving that out and subbing coconut aminos. But the secret ingredient is really the horseradish cream. It adds a little hint of something that makes the whole thing taste sublime!
I find horseradish cream like this one at my local grocery store. It is normally near the other condiments like ketchup and mustard. It is actually just preserved horseradish a vinegar and has a really nice spicy flavour that gives the coleslaw a nice kick. I also love adding horseradish cream to anything with beef in it. The flavours go so well together.
If you can’t find horseradish cream you can sub some lemon or lime juice. It won’t have the exact same flavour, but it will still taste good.
Creamy Coconut Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 tsp horseradish cream (find it in the condiments section of your grocery store)
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (I mean, you could shred your own cabbage, but really who has that kinda time?)
- Mix all the ingredients except the coleslaw mix in a large bowl. Add coleslaw mix and stir till it is well coated in the dressing.
- Refrigerate till ready to eat.