Want to try for a healthier version of chicken nuggets? Give these vegetarian cauliflower nuggets a go! Get your veggies in while still getting that satisfying crunch of a nugget! This coating mix is gluten and dairy free, so it healthier than a fast food version. And you can even coat the nuggets in hot sauce if you want to turn these into vegetarian buffalo ‘wings’ for a game night!
Cauli-Nuggets (Vegetarian, Keto, Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 small head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 large eggs
- avocado oil for frying
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp celery salt (optional)
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into small bite sized florets, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until frothy. Set aside.
- In a large shallow dish, mix all the coating ingredients together. Prepare your breading station: place the ingredients in this order: cauliflower pieces, egg, then coating mix.
- Start dipping the cauliflower pieces in the egg to get them wet with one hand. Transfer to the coating mix dish. Use your other hand to coat with the coating mix. Using different hands for wet and dry will help keep the coating from getting stuck to your hands. Set aside in a clean plate.
- Heat a large frying pan with 2-3 tbsp oil on medium high heat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side until golden brown all over. You may need to flip it more than once to get it golden brown all over.
- Remove from pan to a paper towel lined plate. Cook the remaining cauliflower nuggets the same way.
- Serve warm with some ketchup or try coating them in hot sauce for some vegetarian buffalo wings!
- Pav Bhaji Patties
- Easy (most addictive) Salsa Roja (Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Veg)
- Matka Kheer (Pakistani Rice Pudding)