Home Stretch (-ish)!
Almost there. For me this is where my brain is like. You have basically made it, you don’t need to go the whole 30 days. 28 is the same thing as 30, right?
For some reason as soon as I start feeling better, thinner, more energetic I think it it time I can go back to eating a few not so healthy things. And then those few, become a few more and then we are back to feeling crappy again. It’s a vicious cycle that I know I do, but for some reason I can’t stop. Without something like a Whole30 type reset, I will spiral out of control. So a month or so of clean eating really helps me pay more attention to what I’m eating and hopefully get more used to making healthier choices.
Motivation is down to a minus 1000 right now. I just want all the bread and rice. I’ve been so good. I miss good ‘ole rice. I do love that I don’t get that bloated and yucky feeling anymore. But eating like this 100% of the time is not fun either. I need a balance of the good and the bad. Just finding that balance is the challenge.
To top it off, it’s thanksgiving weekend! (That’s just bad planning on my part, should have started our Whole30 sooner!) Inevitably we will have a family feast to contend with this upcoming weekend! I am not going to be too strict about it. If I want to enjoy some dessert or some bread I will. But I do feel that the one thing that this last few weeks has taught me is how to balance my plate and having more self control when it comes to food.
I no longer feel the need to eat all the things. I don’t crave sweets, or other foods that I would normally binge on. I have gotten better at making sure I eat my veggies and choosing my treats wisely. I will only indulge when it is absolutely worth it for something that I really like. If I take a bite and I don’t like, it I will not force myself to finish it. No more just eating for the sake of eating, or eating past the point of being full. And I think that for me, this is a very healthy way to eat.
The Meal Plan This Week
- Monday – we will eat up any leftovers from the weekend, and make some Grilled Chicken Kale Caesar for dinner.
- Tuesday – Merchant Family Ninja Kebabs (a recipe my mother in-law taught me and my husband loves – recipe post coming soon) and Mac-olli & Cheez (inspired by @sandraseasycooking )
- Wednesday – Paleo Pho with Shirataki Noodles and Sirloin (recipe to come)
- Thursday – Paleo Pho with shredded chicken (I get a store bought rotisserie chicken and just shred that up)
- Friday – Mom’s Shrimp Coconut Curry (recipe to come) & Cauli Rice with Salad Greens.
- Saturday & Sunday – We are travelling to visit J’s sister for the weekend, so we will have to figure things out at their place. I will pack some of our staples like Nutpods and probably do a small grocery run when we get there to stock up on essentials like avocado and sweet potato.
If we need a snack this week I have all the ingredients for these paleo key lime Bars, so I might give those a try. They seem almost like a homemade larabar or Rx bar. Great for travelling. And we can always eat fruit or a handful of nuts. I also like to keep an emergency jar of mixed nuts in the car for J since he tends to get hungry when driving.
For thanksgiving dinner I will try to make a few compliant things for us all to share. Like a dairy free mash potato or roasted butternut squash. But I am not going to be too strict about it. I hate making the host feel awkward about my food restrictions especially if I don’t have any serious allergies. It is a personal choice, and I am grateful that they take the time to care for us and feed us. So if they offer me something that looks delicious and I want to eat it, I will! As always, come check out my stories to see what we get up to!
The good news is we are almost there and re-introductions will start toward the end of next week! If I do manage to keep it clean this weekend, we will try slowly reintroducing certain food groups to see how our bodies react.
Stay tuned to see how that goes!
Missed the previous weeks’ meal plans? Check out the meal plans for Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3 here.