Another great make ahead breakfast. If standard deviled eggs are a classier boiled egg, then these are like deviled eggs on steroids. All the yumminess of a deviled egg mixed with macadamia nuts, basil and sundried tomatoes. Need I say more?
A few halves served with some breakfast sausages (homemade of-course) and you are good to go! Or just have them on hand in the fridge for a quick protein hit anytime.
Sundried Tomato Pesto Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- Paprika to garnish
- Hard boil the eggs in a large saucepan: Cover the eggs with cold water in a large saucepan. Let them go on high heat till the water starts bubbling. Turn off the heat and set your timer for 5 mins. Let the eggs rest in the hot water till the timer goes off. Meanwhile, prep a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes. Once the timer goes off, drain the eggs and dunk the eggs into the ice bath to cool them off (This will also help make them easier to peel).
- Shell and halve the eggs and scoop out yolks into a food processor.
- Into the egg yolks, add the basil, sundried tomato, macadamia nuts, olive oil, salt, mayo and juice of the 1/2 lemon.
- Blend till it smooth. You might need to give it a stir halfway through to get things all combined.
- Scoop the pesto yolks back into the eggs. You can be all fancy and use a piping bag. But let’s be real, scooping works fine and it’s less clean up.
- Sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate till ready to eat. Enjoy!