This one’s for my momma♥️. She’s got a huge sweet tooth. So this is a great way to satisfy the cravings without all the refined sugar and carbs.
Modified from Physical Kitchness’ recipe for blueberry custard bars. I found the original needed a little something for me. I played around with it and found adding lemon rind and juice made all the difference for me!
I love taking this over to peoples houses when we visit, it takes about 30 mins to whip this up, and I normally have all the ingredients on hand.
Love you mom!
Paleo lemon blueberry squares♥️
Sugar free dessert that's sure to please.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (or use arrowroot flour, but add an extra 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour (or use arrowroot flour, but add an extra 1 tbsp)
- 1 Zest and juice of lemon
- Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C).
- Mix crust ingredients in a large bowl. It will form a soft dough ball.
- Press dough into a 8x8 non-stick pan and bake in the oven for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl, whisk the eggs. Add flour, honey, lemon juice and zest. Mix well. The flour may seem a bit clumpy. Don't worry, the clumps will disappear when baked.
- Add the blueberries and mix.
- When the crust comes out of the oven, pour the egg mixture over the crust. And put it back in the over for 20 mins, or until center is firm.
- Allow it to cool before cutting into squares.
3 thoughts on “Paleo Lemon Blueberry Squares”