ICYMI we moved from our condo to a house at the beginning of July and along with that decided we would take on renovations right away so that we can pack all that fun into one summer!
We are just starting to dig ourselves out of the hole that is moving and renos, so things have been a bit slow on the recipe and food photography front. But August is already shaping up to be a busy month blog-wise as I have a few client shoots lined up. So in the meantime, new recipes will continue be a bit slower on here and on IG.
That being said, if I do come across one I love, like these air fryer taquitos that we have been eating religiously for the past few weeks, I will get it up on the blog ASAP because they really are too good not to share!
Copycat Seven Eleven Jalapeño Cheese Taquitos
These are inspired by the jalapeño cheese taquitos you get at seven eleven. If you have not tried them, I highly recommend them! These, while coming close, are definitely not the same thing. My version is on the healthier side so you won’t get that greasy crispy goodness of a deep fried taquito. But it comes close. And the flavours are all there!
It is like a spinach and cheese dip, with a kick of jalapeño, all wrapped up in a crispy corn tortilla. Perfect for snacking or picnicking all summer long!
You can choose to add more protein to these by adding beans or chicken (I added some leftover rotisserie shredded chicken when I made these) to make them a full meal. Or just leave them vegetarian with all the cheese and have them as a snack! 🙂
They are great make ahead meals that I keep ready in the fridge or freezer and then pop in the air fryer in-between unpacking boxes and rearranging the kitchen for the millionth time…
Air Fryer Jalapeno Cheese Taquitos (Veg Friendly)
For the Jalapeno Cheese Filling
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken or cooked and cooled veggie ground (optional)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves (or arugula)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, full fat
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (or a good melty cheese blend – I like the tri-cheese blend)
- 2-3 jalapenos, diced de-seed them for a milder taquito
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
For the Taquitos
- 15-20 medium corn tortillas
- oil for spraying
- tajin seasoning mix, for garnish
Make the Filling
- In a large bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients until well combined. Taste and adjust for salt and spice to your liking.
Roll the Taquitos
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the filling mixture into the corn tortillas and roll up tightly. Place into a baking dish seam side down. Repeat until all filling is used up.
- Generously spray the taquitos with oil and sprinkle with tajin seasoning, if using.
- Air fry the taquitos in a single layer at 425F for 5-7 minutes till golden brown all over and filling is heated through.
- Serve warm with sour cream, salsa or queso for dipping.
- Air Fried Jalapeño Cheese Taquitos (GF, Veg)
- Vegan Tater Tots (GF, Whole30)
- Summer Dessert Round-up!