Weekends are for pancakes and waffles amirite?
So here are some fantastic gluten and dairy free pancakes that you can feel good about indulging in since they contain no processed sugar, are gluten and dairy free, and still taste great.
Bonus: they use up those darn bananas that always seem to ripen too fast! Whenever my bananas are too ripe to eat (which is more often than I’d like), I just peel and mash them up and freeze them in a ziploc bag. Then I’ve got mashed ripe banana ready to go whenever I want.
Gluten & Dairy Free Chia Oat Pancakes
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk (or water)
- 3 very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- coconut cream* (optional)
- 2 tsp oil (for cooking)
- Take 2 cups of the oats and grind them in a blender to make oat flour.
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour with the remaining 1 cup of rolled oats and other ingredients (except the coconut cream and oil). Make sure not to over mix the batter. You may need to add a bit more water to thin the batter to the desired consistency. (Feel free to add choc chips or berries to the batter to add more flavour if you like!)
- Heat the oil to a large frying pan on medium heat, and cook the pancakes as you would a regular pancake.
- Serve warm topped with a scoop of coconut cream, maple syrup and fresh berries.