It’s probably no big surprise why this one is a Jamil favourite. It uses my taco seasoning and also goes really great with the guacamole recipe I posted. And is great for make-ahead-to-freeze for weekday meals. That way all we have to do is cook a couple of burgers (from frozen) on the grill or in a pan and we are good to go. And by we, I mean Jamil. ‘Cause let’s face it, I totally make him cook for me whenever I can! 😉
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1-2 jalapeños (depending on how risky you feel)
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (see link to my recipe below)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Chop cilantro and jalapeños
- In a large bowl beat the eggs then add all the ingredients and mix with your hands. Work quickly but don’t over mix (that will keep the burgers soft).
- Using hands or a 1/3 cup measure shape into patties. You can freeze them now for later.*
- When ready to eat grill or pan fry for 4-5 mins or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with a generous dollop of guacamole.