Dress up your next dessert with this tuxedo mille crepe cake!
If you are looking for a dessert idea that involved no baking, look no further. This cake is simple and delicious. The layers of this mille crepe are formed by alternating vanilla crepes and chocolate crepes with whipped cream. I like to also add additional flavour by layering with a jam or nut butter. This time I used some apple butter.
I finished my apple butter crepe mille with a sprinkle of cinnamon and voila! This looks way fancier than it actually is. And tastes divine!
Give it a go! Its perfect for Eid which is right around the corner now. Can’t believe ramadan is almost over! It has flown by, even though we have spent it physically distancing from most of our friends and family. But at least we get to share food with each other. So make yourself some mille crepe to share with your loved ones. (Early) Eid Mubarak friends!
Mille Crepe Cake
For the Crepes
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp butter (for cooking)
For Assembling the Cake
- 1/2 cup spread of choice (some suggestions: apple butter, nutella, any nut butter, or jam will work great)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp sugar
Make the Chocolate and Vanilla Crepes
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 4 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 4 large eggs.
- Gently start to pour the 3 cups of milk into the batter, whisking constantly.
- Add the 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix.
- Divide the batter into two separate bowls. One will be vanilla, the other will be chocolate.
- In one bowl of the batter add the 2 tbsp cocoa powder. Mix to make the chocolate batter.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of butter to grease the pan.
- Starting with the vanilla batter, pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the centre of the pan. Swirl around to spread the batter into a large circle.
- Cook for 1-2 mins till it firms up. Flip, and cook about 30 seconds more.
- Remove from pan and repeat till your batter is finished. Then repeat with the chocolate batter.
- You should have about 10 crepes of each flavour. And maybe some extra.
Assemble the Mille Crepe
- In a large bowl whip the 1 cup whipping cream 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tbsp sugar till stiff peaks form.
- Set up your layering station with the crepes, whipping cream, and spread.
- On a large plate or cake stand, start layering. Starting with a vanilla crepe, layer about 1 tbsp of your spread in a thin layer all over, leaving about 1/4 inch along the edge bare.
- Top with a chocolate crepe. Top with 1-2 tbsp whipping cream and spread out into a thin layer. Again, leaving a thin edge all around the sides.
- Keep alternating your vanilla and chocolate crepes with spread and whipping cream. Till you have no more crepes left.
- Top the final layer with a crepe and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder or cinnamon. Serve immediately or refrigerate before serving.
- Crispy Seviyyan Bites (Veg)
- Quick Garlicky Green Beans Stir-fry (veg, keto, paleo, whole30)
- The Best Garlicky Mashed Potatoes (Veg, GF, DF, Paleo)