This is an easy one.
We grew up eating omelettes this way. I don’t even know how other people eat omelettes. This is the only way we do them in my family!
And its totally paleo, Whole30 compliant. All the good stuff.
It’s so simple to make a desi omelette. It’s all about simple fresh ingredients. The omelette fries up in no time and it gets this lovely crisp golden brown crust, but has this flavourful soft inside that is perfection.
Have you had a desi omelette before? What’s your fav filling for omelettes?
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1-2 green chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- Heat a large frying pan with the oil on medium heat.
- Mix all the ingredients, except oil, in a large bowl
- Pour half the batter into the heated pan. Swirl the pan around so the egg mixture spreads to the whole bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 mins or till the top starts to set. Make sure the heat isn't on too high or the bottom will burn.
- Fold over as you do an omlette – I prefer thirds – cook to desired doneness. The outside should look golden brown and crisp and the inside should still be soft, but not raw.
- Serve warm with some sliced avocado.