You know I wouldn’t let valentines day go without some sort of pink food right?!
Show your body some true love with this super healthy and delicious beet hummus. Great if you are paleo or whole 30 or just don’t want to eat chickpeas ’cause of the after effects (don’t worry, I know your pain!). I promise you will not be able to tell the difference between this and regular hummus (other than the colour of course!).
Say happy valentines day to your body with this pink hummus.
- 2 beetroot
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- water, as needed
- Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C).
- Wash and peel the beets. Drizzle some olive oil over top (about 1 tbsp) and wrap them in foil. Bake for about 40 mins until a fork can easily pierce the beet, without much resistance. (If you want to speed up the process, just cut them into small pieces and boil the beets on your stove top instead – I just prefer the flavour of roasted beets so I recommend roasting).
- Once the beets are done, let them cool till you can handle them and add the beets along with the other ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend on high for a few mins till everything is smooth.
- Give it a taste, add more lemon or salt to taste. If it is looking a bit too thick, add some water a tablespoon at a time to reach the desired consistency.
- Enjoy as a dip, spread, or pasta sauce!
- Drizzle with olive oil and some paprika or red pepper flakes for some heat if you dare! Enjoy!