Good for sharing, but you might not want to 😉
Unlike my mango sticky rice, you don’t have to wait for mangoes to be in season again to make this no bake mango cheesecake!
Super simple to make, you just need to make this with enough time to allow the cheesecake to set in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours. Also you can freeze this once it is set so it is great to make ahead and bring along anywhere!
No-Bake Cheesecake Secrets
The secret to this no-bake cheesecake is to make sure your ingredients are all room temp before you start. All except the whipped cream, which needs to be chilled and whipped to stiff peaks. Which is another important point. For the cheesecake to have a light and airy consistency, you need to ensure your whipped cream is well whipped, and when you mix it into the cheesecake base, you do not over mix to deflate all that precious air.
And make sure you give it plenty of time to set. Since this isn’t baked, you do need to give the cheesecake mixture time to firm up to get it to the perfect texture for a cheesecake. So plan ahead and make this the night before you plan to serve it!
Other No-Bake Cheesecake Flavour Options
Feel free to adjust the flavour of this cheesecake too. Don’t have mango pulp? Leave it out to make a basic vanilla no-bake cheesecake. Top it with strawberries for a summer fresh berry no-bake cheesecake. Or try mixing in some blueberries into the cheesecake filling right before you pour into the crust.
Another great option is to turn these into individual mango cheesecake cups. I recommend layering it upside down though. Start with the cheesecake filling first, then sprinkle the crust on top. Let it set, then right before serving, top with a whole biscuit, and a few slices of mango or any other fruit, some whipped cream and serve!
No Bake Mango Cheesecake
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (300ml, chilled)
- 3 8oz bricks full fat cream cheese (total 750g, room temperature)
- 1/3 cup sugar (50g or sub for 2 tbsp maple syrup)
- ½ cup mango pulp (about 100g – alphonso mango pulp is my fave)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (60g, room temperature)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 fresh mango slices or cubes for decorating
For the Crust
- 2 cups digestive biscuit crumbs (about 200g – or try graham cookies, or biscoff cookies)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch salt
Make the Crust
- In a medium bowl, mix the 2 cups cookie crumbs with a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup melted butter until the cookie crumbs are moistened. Press the mixture into a 9 or 10-inch pie plate, springform pan or individual ramekins. You will want to pack the crust down well. Use the back of a cup or large spoon helps to pack it down. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to fill.
Make the No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, or using a hand held mixer, whip 1 1/4 cup whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks (about 5 minutes). It is important to have stiff peaks here so make sure you whip it well. Set aside.
- Now in a new bowl in the stand mixed with a paddle attachment, beat three bricks of full fat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth and creamy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add ½ cup mango pulp, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Beat to combine, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides occasionally. Make sure there are no lumps of cream cheese in the mixture.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the whipped cream into the mango cheesecake mixture a little at a time until just combined. Mix carefully so you don't deflate the whipped cream!
- Pour the mango cheesecake mixture into the prepared pie crust(s) making sure the top is smooth. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, but ideally for 12 hours.The longer it has to chill the better the cheesecake mixture will set. If you are making this ahead to freese, do not freeze immediately as it needs to set in the fridge for at least 8 hours before you freeze it so the texture is perfect.
- Just before you are ready to serve, top with mango slices and more whipped cream if you like, and serve chilled.