You say fritter I say kebab. But in the end it is delicious and a sneaky way to get in extra veggies without really noticing it. My inner picky eater is happy.
I am not a fan of zucchini or cilantro. So the fact that I just put this on the meal plan for next week is saying something. I actually took these over to a party a few weeks ago and literally 4 people asked for the recipe. Ok so 2 of them were my mom and my sister. But still, they were good, I promise!
Served with some homemade guac they are the bomb!
Chicken zucchini fritters (aka kebabs)
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Oil for frying (avocado oil or ghee is my preference)
- Grate the zucchini (use a food processor it saves your fingers!) & finely chop the cilantro.
- Mix all the ingredients (except oil) in a large bowl. It will look like a sloppy mess. I decided not to take a picture of the grossness. You’re welcome.
- Preheat a large fry pan with the oil/ghee and scoop about golf ball sized balls into the pan. I used my hands cause I’m lazy. But you can use a proper scoop or 1/3 cup measure.
- Cook for 3-5 mins on med heat. Flip over and squish down lightly with spatula to flatten.
- Cook for 2-3 mins more on the other side, till golden brown.